- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- New Year's Resources
- Easter Resources
- Gifts for Him
- Gifts for Her
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- Valentine's Resources
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Bible Study Resources
- Wedding & Marriage
- Dove Awards Winners
- Keep Kids Safe Online
- Bulk Discounts Books & Bibles
CULTURE HAS CHANGED. CHURCH BELIEFS SHOULDN'T.
It's easy for our culture of individuality and innovation to shape the way we think about the church. With so many questions, opinions, and interpretations among people today--even within the church--what should we all agree on as essential to Christian faith?
For more than 1,600 years the Apostles' Creed has united the church around core Christian doctrines as revealed in Scripture. This historic confession points us to the foundational beliefs of our faith and the life-changing truth of the gospel.
The Apostles' Creed is a 12-week Bible study that takes students into the foundations of Christianity for a closer look at what we believe. This study uses the Apostles' Creed to help students grow in their understanding of the Christian faith, live as disciples of Christ, and experience a profound sense of belonging within the kingdom of God.
-The Apostles' Creed: Together We Believe Teen Bible Study Kit includes resources for leading a twelve-session group study: one Bible study book and one DVD that features Matt Chandler teaching the study. Item 005791934. E-book and digital kit also available at lifeway.com/apostlescreed.
-The Apostles' Creed: Together We Believe Adult Groups Bible study book (Item #006103003) and kit (Item #006103004)
- I Believe In
- God the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth
- And in Jesus Christ, His Only Son, Our Lord
- Who Was Conceived by the Holy Spirit, Born of the Virgin Mary
- Suffered Under Pontius Pilate; Was Crucified, Dead, and Buried
- He Descended to Hell, the Third Day He Rose Again from the Dead
- He Ascended to Heaven and Sits on the Right Hand of the Father Almighty
- From Whence He Shall Come to Judge the Living and the Dead
- I Believe In the Holy Spirit
- The Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints
- The Forgiveness of Sins
- The Resurrection of the Body, and the Life Everlasting. Amen.
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered
- 12 small-group sessions that guide groups through the theological implications of the Creed
- Individual study opportunities for continued growth
- 12-session workbook with group and personal components
- Helps believers better understand the foundations of the faith
- Explains the fundamentals of Christianity, which allows for more effective sharing and evangelism
- Provides a succinct understanding of Christianity, its origins, and basic theology
- Students will understand the significance of professing what they believe
- Students will experience a greater understanding of basic theology
MATT CHANDLER serves as the lead pastor of teaching at The Village Church in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. He came to The Village in December 2002 and describes his tenure as a replanting effort to change the theological and philosophical culture of the congregation. The church has witnessed a tremendous response, growing from 160 people to more than 11,000, including campuses in Flower Mound, Dallas, Plano, and Fort Worth.
Alongside his current role as lead pastor, Matt is involved in church-planting efforts both locally and internationally through The Village, as well as in various strategic partnerships. Prior to accepting the pastorate at The Village, Matt had a vibrant itinerant ministry for more than 10 years that gave him the opportunity to speak to thousands of people in America and abroad about the glory of God and the beauty of Jesus.
Matt is the author of To Live Is Christ to Die is Gain, Mingling of Souls, and The Explicit Gospel Bible Study (LifeWay, 2012).
More Product Information
- Publisher: Lifeway Church Resources
- ISBN: 1430064684
- ISBN-13: 9781430064688
- SKU: 9781430064688
- Release Date: April 3, 2017
- Pages: 144
- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Height: 0.40 inches
- Width: 6.90 inches
- Length: 9.40 inches
- Weight: 0.55 pounds
- Recommended Age Range: 12 through 18 years
- Recommended Grade Range: 7th Grade through College Freshman